Sunday, August 7, 2011

EDUC8842 Module 5

Moller (2008) conceptualized technologies “along a continuum of static to dynamic” (p. 2). I would consider myself to be in the middle of the static-dynamic continuum. Although I have used them in the past, being part of Walden’s learning community further challenged me to create wikis, blogs, and to interact and collaborated with my peers and instructors using Skype and GoogleDocs. Also, I use RSS feeds and Twitter as resources for receiving immediate answers from my peers to any question I may have and  to ensure I stay current with the latest developments in the field of Educational Technology. Similarly, social bookmarking sites enable me to save relevant web pages, articles and other media, creating an online repository of learning materials, to organize them in a personal way and to share their links with others who share similar interests. I also continue to expand my online personal learning networks as member of various online professional communities, such as Ning, ASCD, and ISTE.
As a result of what I have learned in this course, I now feel more knowledgeable of and better equipped to using technologies on the far end dynamic spectrum. Thus, I plan to further explore the use multi-user environments and mind tools in my organization and the learning and teaching benefits that would result from their integration into our schools’ curriculum. Furthermore, I plan to develop instructional technology professional development opportunities that integrate the use of virtual worlds, particularly SecondLife.
Reference
Moller, L. (2008). Static and dynamic technological tools. [Unpublished Paper].


3 comments:

  1. I like your map, it is very creative. I agree with you about this course moving us toward dynamic. I feel it also has helped me move toward the dynamic. You have mind tools listed, what are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bianca,

    In your concept map, you illustrated virtual worlds in all three elements, collaboration, content, and communication. I feel that it is important to stress how engaging in an individual activity can strengthen a variety of academic and social skills. Like myself, you labeled yourself as being in between the static and dynamic continuum. This identification appears to be common among the members of this course. Can you think of an individual whose daily activities would classify them in the dynamic continuum, or is this a matter of personal belief?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bianca,

    Excellent graphic! I really appreciate the layout, simple and effective! Do you think there is a relationship between successful learners and their location on the continuum?

    ReplyDelete